Small interview at Artybuzz

Ultimamente la cosa va de entrevistas... aquí os dejo la última que me han hecho, esta vez en Artibuzz, una página web que se dedica a vender prints de diversos artístas internacionales.
-------

Jesus Fernandez – Featured Member

Posted on April 7th, 2010 in Uncategorized by Richard
We are featuring the work of Jesus Fernandez below, so check him out…
What inspires your work?
I like to provoke with my work, doing something that is not typical, doing, so to say, the opposite of what the commercial world wants.
H. R. Giger is an artist who influenced me in the past. He is a good example to illustrate this concept of “provocation.”
At their time the French Impressionists, the German expressionists, the group Die Brücke or Goya in his series “Disasters of War” also provoked with their work to break with classicism.
Of course, I do not think that I am a commercial artist, but often I have to do this kind of art just to sell.
On the other hand, as an art director and illustrator, I have constant contact with the advertising world in a way that also influences me because I constantly doing illustrations for advertising campaigns, for books, packaging, etc … But of course I am conscious of the commercial part of this work and can differentiate between a product and art coming from the soul.
Finally, comics and illustration are my most direct influences, with artists like Wrightson, Ashley Wood or Chichoni, among many, many illustrators.
What made you get into creating art?
Since I was a child, I used to draw and paint a lot. I believe the artist is always in constant search, and art is like a language to express himself and comunícate ideas to other people.
Have you been doing this for long?
As I said before, I started drawind and painting when I was a child. So, for how long? Almost my whole life.
What is your favourite piece by yourself?
I am looking for the reaction in the viewer. I find it boring when an artwork has no effect on the public. It is a kind of illustrative painting.
This particular work, called ” FLIES DON’T GET INTO A CLOSED MOUTH.  ” – it´s a typical spanish phrase. You can compare it to the english phrase „loose lips, sink ships“.

Comentarios